Please feel free to call me at 703-683-5101 if you have any questions. I am in my office daily from 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday- Friday.
Have a great day,
Technical Recruiter | (O) 703.683.5101 | (F) 703.299.6203
Job Description:Metro Systems Inc. is looking for a Help Desk technician to support a top Government Integrator in Alexandria, VA.
- Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of desktop and universal laptop computers and customized applications/systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to internal and external users/customers.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate root cause analyses, and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 ITService Management Suite.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10,000 users.
- Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues, as needed.
- Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment, networking, access technologies, and applications supporting users.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software, as needed.
- Participates in special projects, as needed.
- 2 or more years of work experience with at least 1 full year of directly related IT experience supporting technical Help Desk operations, preferably supporting a large-scale government customer.
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. (Note: Two additional years of work experience supporting IT may be substituted for the Associates Degree)
- Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware, networks, account administration, and office automation software via telephone, as appropriate.
- Must possess technical skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7, MS Office and Outlook.
- Candidate must successfully pass a background investigation, including a check of any criminal activity over the past 10 years, and a credit check of any financial issues over the past seven years to continue employment.
- CompTIA A+ certification, HDI and/or Microsoft certification are a plus.