Job title: IT Service Desk Technician
Hours: (40 Hrs/Week)
Duration: Full Time
Purpose of the position
The IT Service Desk Technician will provide Tier-1 help desk support via telephone, self-service incidents/requests, ServiceNow Chat, and email for approximately 20 core business applications and full suite of office automation products on the Windows platform. Remote-access computing is supplied mainly through a virtual private network (VPN) and Citrix.
Technicians will troubleshoot and resolve issues with laptop PCs, iPads, air cards, portable monitors, portable printers, portable scanners, laptop docking stations, desktop PCs, PC projectors, color Client LaserJet printers, personal LaserJet printers, flatbed scanners, large plotters, Canon high-speed scanning fax machines, iPhones, and Android mobile phones.
• Possess understanding of Microsoft operating systems.
• Have knowledge of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications (such as Adobe Acrobat and the Microsoft Office suite), and networking.
• Ensure that tickets are submitted as soon as the contact is received and capture all the required customer and issue information outlined in the service desk SOP.
• Follow prescribed scripts for communicating with a customer during the call. Notify the customer of the steps that will be followed to troubleshoot the reported problem and, if possible, provide an approximate timeframe for problem resolution.
• Utilize the knowledge base to assist callers with issue resolution.
• Escalate, as appropriate, incidents or requests to Tier 1.5, the SD lead/manager, or higher tiers for resolution.
• Perform a warm transfer, wherever possible, of support incidents to the higher support tiers.
• Follow up with the customer to confirm that an incident or request has been satisfactorily resolved. Request his/her permission to close the incident or request.
• Update the relevant knowledge-base article, if necessary after closing the incident, to ensure its accuracy. If a KBA does not exist, work with the Service Desk manager to create one.
Minimum Experience and Education:
• 4 to 7 years’ experience providing user support in a Service Desk Environment.
• CompTIA A+ Certification
• A.A. or B.S. in Information Technology or related field.
• Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust clearance
• United States Citizens or are lawful Permanent Resident Aliens (green card) with at least three or more years of U.S. residency from the date of legal entry in the U.S.
• Experience with Service Now ITSM
• Experience servicing end users via chat interface
• Experience writing Knowledgebase articles
• CompTIA Network +, ITIL v3 Foundations and/or HDI Help Desk Analyst certification
• MCSA or MCITP certification
Contingent Workforce | Back Office Services | Enterprise Solutions
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171