- Job Function: Technicians
- Business Unit: Peregrine Technical Solutions
- FLSA Classification: Exempt (Salary)
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Reston, VA, United States
- Date Posted: 19-Apr-2017
Detailed Job Description:
Peregrine Technical Solutions is a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation that provides expertise in Information Assurance, Computer Forensics and Cyber Warfare. Peregrine is in search of a Help Desk Technician Mid to work onsite in Reston, VA.
DCAA has 300 Field offices with file and print servers utilizing Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2. The Help Desk Technician – Mid provides virtual support for all regional servers to respond to any field server issues. All field support must have the ability to support each region as backup support, which may be delivered from any remote location. Travel is required by field support staff and is dependent on replacement schedules for WAN and server installations, office moves, MPLS standups, future centralization efforts, or major server issues requiring on-site support. On-site travel will frequently occur in waves as new equipment is delivered for installation or systems are decommissioned.
- Use a wide range of tools to address issues and install or reinstall software (if authorized and required).
- Utilize a DCAA furnished ITIL compliant ITSM system (Cherwell) to record, dispatch, and manage incidents and service requests.
- Monitor progress and ensure that customers receive an incident/service request number, status, and prompt resolution.
- Document resolutions or action taken on each request. Incidents/service requests should be easy to read and it should be easy to understand actions taken and current status.
- Monitor progress in other sections to ensure the timely handling of user requests.
- Responsible for all installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, upgrading, and documentation for the DCAA office file and print servers.
- Maintain and operate the office field and print servers utilizing all Systems and Backup administration functions, standards, and AQLs noted in the Systems Administration and Backup Administration duties.
- Respond to major server issues impacting user access to server resources (e.g.: Crash, DHCP stop working, server not responding), within 30 minutes of problem, during business hours.
- Deploy new servers within 60 business days of Government acceptance of delivery. Deployment tasks include:
- Configuring server with the current DCAA server image
- Installing additional software as required
- Preparing for shipment to end site at Government expense
- Installing hardware at site
- Transferring data
- Configuring DFSR
- Making server resources available to users.
- Ensure new server installations meet IAVA compliance before making the server available to users.
- Monitor, install, configure, patch, maintain, and document backup software and Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) for field server backups.
- Install WAN and VoIP equipment, including routers, switches, wireless controllers and access points at new sites and troubleshoot issues with circuit connectivity, in coordination with network engineers and facility telecoms staff.
- Active TS clearance, eligible to be nominated for an SCI billet
- Experience in the Help Desk field
- Ability to be a team player and work in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Pass an employer background check
- Solid client service, time management and leadership skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology preferred